Design a device with the following features:
- Translate OBD data
- Streams data through Bluetooth 4.2, 5.0
- Highly Adaptable
- Access different vehicle PID’s for desired application
- Low price point
- Must not be cost prohibitive for everyday consumer
- Is compliant with OBD2 protocols
SOLUTION → CHORUS: OBD II BLUETOOTH DONGLE
Chorus is a product that aims to capture OBD data from cars & trucks. It is targeted to extract ECM network data from OBD-II port of vehicles & transmit it over Bluetooth to Mobiles/Tablets. The OBD-II application software installed on the Mobile/Tablet can process the data & make it available to the end user.
CHORUS: CAN (Controller Area Network) TO SMARTPHONE – WHY
- Convenience – Easy access to information such as concierge services or open parking spots.
- Dynamic Pricing – Lower insurance for safe or infrequent drivers.
- Security Features – Driver coaching, medical assistance, navigation alerts, notification of car theft.
- Maintenance Services – Remote-vehicle diagnostics, and predictive/automated maintenance services based on aggregated data.
- Commercial customers want Fleet Management – Optimized utilization of fleet
- Emissions Monitoring
- Diagnostics Interface
- Fault Diagnosis
- Common Monitors:
- Vehicle Speed
- Fuel Efficiency
- Coolant, ambient, and air intake temperatures
- Block mobile phones while driving
- Record trip data for insurance ( pay as you drive insurance)